Knit A Claudita Cardigan: A three-session class (with a one week break) on Mondays from 7-9pm; $90 - plus materials purchased at Eweknit
Our popular Claudita Cardigan is now available as a class. The Claudita Cardigan is a great first sweater project; it's a simple yoked cardigan worked from the bottom up, with waist shaping and a bit of patterning for interest on the yoke. This sumptuous cardigan is worked with two fine yarns held together so that the gauge is similar to a thicker DK-weight yarn.
Knitters should be comfortable with knitting, purling, and working simple increases and decreases. Experience knitting in the round is also useful. Join us for a 3-session class (with a 1-week break before the last class).
In this class, you will learn:
- how to read a multi-sized sweater pattern
- how to work a gauge swatch, and why it matters
- how to work long-tail cast on with a large number of stitches
- how to work a yoke cardigan from the bottom up
- how to pick up stitches along an edge to work a front band
- how to sew on buttons
- Yarns and notions as set out in pattern for your chosen size
- 3.75 mm, dp and 80 cm circular needles, or size to obtain gauge
- 3.5 mm, 80 cm circular needles, or one size smaller than gauge needle
- 12 stitch markers
- waste yarn
- yarn needle
- sewing thread to match yarn
- note taking equipment
Cancellation policy: Cancellations or changes must be made be made 72 hours prior to your first class. We will issue a store credit, so you can take another class, or purchase materials to make your next project.
*Please note that classes are held in our basement classroom which unfortunately may be inaccessible to those with mobility needs. Call ahead to inquire if special arrangements can be made.*
Order by 2pm for Next Business Day Delivery within the Toronto area