The Château of Malmaison was the work of Josephine, as much for her collections as for the gardens she created. One of her great passions was for her collection of roses, both the botanical species that she planted in sumptuous flowerbeds and the horticultural species that she grew in pots. The publication of the wonderful book, Les Roses by Pierre Joseph Redouté contributed to the legend of the rose garden when the Empress ordered drawings of her rarest plants. She even had fresh roses sewn on her dresses, as witnessed by Laure Junot, Duchess of Abrantès: “… she had a dress of white crepe, dotted with rose leaves most pleasantly fresh. I had never seen, so to speak, something so fragrant as this dress which, moreover, could only be worn once…”.
Size of motif: 180 stitches wide by 180 stitches high.
When embroidered on 12 count (per cm) linen, the finished project measures 30 x 30cm.
The kit contains:
Next Business Day Delivery within the Toronto area is currently unavailable
- full-colour pattern chart is printed on one 60 x 28cm sheet with all necessary explanations;
- one 35 x 25cm of pearl grey linen fabric;
- 18 cards of Retors du Nord embroidery floss: 2004 , 2012, 2013, 2018, 2019, 2023, 2024, 2026,2027, 2029, 2032, 2034, 2038, 2302, 2350, 2405, 2535, 2749;
- 100% cotton fabric 40 x 40cm;
- a Sajou “Créé par moi” label