Fidra Hat Class: A two week class on Monday evenings from 7-9 pm; $105.82 - All materials and pattern included (needles excluded).
Gudrun Johnson's Fidra Hat is a quick and fun knit combining garter stitch and stockinette textures with some yarn over holes for further decoration (and a little ventilation)! As always the pom pom is optional!
Knitters should be familiar with knitting, purling, and basic increases and decreases, and have worked in the round before. This is a 2-week class.
In this class, you will learn:
- to read a pattern for a hat knit in the round
- to read a chart with textured patterns
- how to work the German Twisted Cast On
- how to work with circular and double pointed needles
20 ½ inches circumference at brim and 8 ½ inches tall from brim to crow
- US 9/5.5mm 16" Circular needle
- US 10/6mm 16" Circular needle
- US 10/6mm set of DPNs or long circular needle (if prefer using magic loop)
Cancellation policy: Cancellations or changes must be made be made 72 hours prior to your first class. We will issue a store credit, so you can take another class, or purchase materials to make your next project.
*Please note that classes are held in our basement classroom which unfortunately may be inaccessible to those with mobility needs. Call ahead to inquire if special arrangements can be made.*
Order by 11 am for Next Business Day Delivery within the Toronto area